Del-Aware Water Rebate Program
Get up to $50 for Conserving Water!
Are you aware of your impact on your local water quality and quantity? Saving water is in the best interest of you, your yard, our streams, soils, and ecosystems. This program aims to help you conserve water, which helps reduce erosion of soils and streambanks, keeps polluted runoff out of our streams, and saves you money.
Del-Co Water and Delaware Soil and Water Conservation District (Delaware SWCD) have teamed up to launch a pilot water conservation program. The program allows you to pick one of three water conservation devices that best suits your needs. You will receive a rebate to cover up to $50 of the cost of your choice of a hose faucet timer, soil moisture sensor, or a rain barrel.
Program active June 1, 2021-October 1, 2021. Item must be purchased in 2021.
- Pass our online conservation quiz or attend an in-person conservation workshop hosted by Delaware SWCD (check our website for cancellations due to COVID-19).
- After passing the quiz or attending a workshop, fill out the form with your name, address, email (only for communication purposes-we will not spam your inbox), phone number, and your quiz success code or the workshop you attended.
- After we receive your information, we will send you a voucher for your rebate.
- Once you receive your voucher, purchase the item of your choice.
- Upload or send in a copy of your receipt and copy of your voucher.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your rebate has been accepted and is being processed.
- Once your rebate is processed, it may take a few weeks to get to you. You will receive a check from Delaware SWCD for the amount of your item, up to $50 (tax and shipping costs will not be reimbursed).
*If you prefer not to use the fillable form, mail or drop off in person to our office, 557 A Sunbury Rd, Delaware, OH 43015.
- You must be a Del-Co Water customer who lives in Delaware County.
- You must pass the online conservation quiz or attend an in-person workshop.
- You must send in the required information after receiving your voucher.
- Limit one item per household per calendar year.
- Do-it-yourself (DIY) projects cannot be reimbursed.
*This is a pilot program that we will be testing during 2021. Rebates available until funds run out. Your rebate is subject to the availability of funds.
* If you have a homeowners association (HOA), please review its rules before purchasing an item.
Faucet timers, soil moisture sensors, and rain barrels are the approved water-saving devices for our pilot program. Items may be purchased from a licensed retailer of your choice. Optional retailers include:
Not all retailers carry all rebate items.
While we do have recommended brands/styles for each rebate item, any variety of each item will be accepted. For example, if you are only interested in buying a conventional hose faucet timer or a conventional soil moisture sensor, you are not required to buy the “smart” variety. Many of the conventional varieties are only about $10-$20; keep in mind that we will only reimburse the exact amount of your purchase, excluding tax and shipping, up to $50.
Please note: We cannot reimburse DIY project costs, hand-written receipts, items exchanged personally between two parties or items purchased through Craigslist. The item must be purchased from a licensed retailer and purchased within the current year of participation.
Smart Hose Faucet Timer:
A wireless timer that connects to your hose faucet, which allows you to water your lawn and plants from anywhere with your smartphone. Saves water by skipping watering cycles before or after it rains. Some can be customized based on the slope of your yard, soil properties, and more!
Smart Soil Moisture Sensor:
A soil moisture sensor lets you know the moisture levels of your soil. The following recommended item has “smart” capabilities, which allow it to shut off irrigation when desired moisture levels are reached.
Rain barrels collect water from your downspout, which can then be used for gardening, washing your car, and more. This prevents runoff carrying lawn fertilizers, grass clippings, pet waste, and other pollutants from entering the nearest stream, river, or lake.
Attend a conservation workshop hosted by Delaware SWCD. While these workshops may not cover how to use your rebate item, they will provide participants with an understanding of the benefits of conserving water. See our “Conservation Workshops” page for more details.
If you are unable to attend a workshop, or if workshops are canceled due to COVID-19, you may instead take the conservation quiz to test your knowledge of water conservation.
Our conservation quiz will test your knowledge of water conservation. Use the following videos and resources to learn about the proper use of the eligible rebate items, as well as the benefits of conserving water:
Del-Aware Water Rebate Conservation Quiz
Once you have reviewed our videos and resources, you are ready to take the conservation quiz. You must score 7 out of 10 questions correctly in order to receive your rebate voucher. You will receive a special code upon successful completion of the quiz, which you will enter into the form below.