Delaware Soil and Water Conservation District Scholarship
The Delaware Soil and Water Conservation District will award one (1) five-hundred-dollar ($500.00) scholarship for the academic year 2023-2024.
1. Applicant must be a Delaware County resident, or have graduated or be graduating from one of the Delaware County public or private high schools.
2. At the time of application, the applicant must have achieved at least a 2.5 grade average on a 4.0 scale.
3. Applicant must be entering his/her first year as a part-time student at a two or four-year accredited college, technical school or university, or entering his/her first year of Graduate school.
4. Applicant must be pursuing a degree in agriculture, natural resources, or a similar environmental studies discipline.
Method of Application
1. Applications are available on-line at soilandwater.co.delaware.oh.us, and in-person at the Delaware Soil and Water Conservation District office, 557-A Sunbury Road, Delaware, Ohio 43015-8656. The Delaware SWCD phone number is (740) 368-1921.
2. Completed applications must be received by the Delaware SWCD by May 10, 2023.
3. Transcript of high school grades, or undergraduate transcripts for Graduate degree applicants must be submitted with the application.
1. Recipient will be announced at the end of May, 2023.
2. Selection committee will consist of the Delaware SWCD Communications and Outreach Coordinator, and at least one Delaware SWCD Supervisor.
3. The Selection Committee will review all applications. The committee’s decision is final. Recipient may be asked to supply a publicity photo.
Method of Distribution
1. The Scholarship will be paid in one lump sum. Upon proof of enrollment, the check will be made payable to the recipient and institution they are attending.
2. The recipient may be acknowledged at his/her school’s Senior Awards Ceremony, at a SWCD Board of Supervisors Meeting and/or at the Delaware County Fair.
All information will be treated as confidential and used only by those involved with the scholarship selection process.
"*" indicates required fields