A Growing Healthy Trees webinar was held in March of 2021 including presentations by Kathy Smith, OSU Extension Forestry, David Tidd, Systems Arborist for Consolidated Cooperative, Amy Stone, OSU Extension Educator, and Ann Bonner, Urban Forester with Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Below are the PowerPoint presentations (PDF) and handouts associated with this two part workshop series.
- OSU Extension Urban Forestry Presentation, tree selection, plant characteristics, species, and soil preference
- Consolidated Cooperative, site selection, utilities, and placement
- OSU Extension Handout, planting options, and long term care
- ODNR Urban Forestry shopping for trees and planting techniques
- The Tree Care Recipe
A Composting Workshop was recently held though a collaborative effort between Delaware, Knox, Marion, Morrow (DKMM) Solid Waste District, Keep Delaware County Beautiful, Delaware General Health District, Price Farms Organics, Ltd., and the Delaware Soil and Water Conservation District. Here are videos and a PowerPoint presentation (PDF) from the workshop for you to enjoy:
- Price Farms Organics, Ltd. Composting Operation (14 minutes in length)
- How to Tend a Backyard Compost Pile (4.5 minutes in length)
- How to Use a Composting Tumbler (1 minute in length)
- Composting Presentation
Please note: Due to the evolving COVID-19 situation, we encourage you to check our website often for potential cancellations.