Educate and Enlighten
The Delaware SWCD offers the following resources for educators to use. To make a reservation, contact Erin Wolfe, Outreach Coordinator, at email@example.com or 740-368-1921.
- This watershed model is an effective teaching tool that offers visual, hands-on learning for topics such as watersheds, erosion, stormwater runoff, and more.
- Pollution prevention practices can be demonstrated.
- The model can be correlated to Ohio’s Learning Standards.
- Learn more about the Enviroscape model here.
This tool helps teach about soil layers, drainage, organisms that live in the soil, soil variance among different land uses, and conservation. The inflatable soil tunnel is very portable. It includes a trailer for transport and storage. Educational activities and talking points are also included with the tunnel. Available to teachers free of charge, and to other organizations for a fee of $50/day, paid in advance. Soil tunnel rental information for organizations outside of Delaware County can be discussed by calling (740) 368-1921.
To reserve, contact Erin Wolfe, Outreach coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-368-1921.
With information on the inside and outside of the Soil Tunnel, your visitors will have plenty of interesting details to explore!
Key Concepts the Soil Tunnel Covers:
- Soil Layers
- Soil Drainage
- Soil Functions
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention
- Impacts of Land Use on Soil
- Soil Organisms
- Soil Conservation
Don’t have space outside? Maybe it unexpectedtly rains on your event day. No problem. Use the Soil Tunnel inside as well.
This tunnel and storage trailer were made possible through a grant received from the Ohio Environmental Education Fund.